While your food, the environment, pollution, and your general hair-care philosophy all have an impact on the health of your hair, genetics still has a substantial influence on hair health. Discover how maintaining a mane that is a cut above the rest may be made possible by a healthy diet and proper hair care.
1. Increase your consumption of protein
Among other things, maintaining healthy hair and scalp requires a balanced diet. Aim to eat at least 45 grammes of protein per day because the majority of the structure of hair is made up of protein. Some of the top resources are:
- dairy products with less fat
- Healthy food examples include eggs
A diet lacking in protein can result in weak, brittle hair, a loss of hair colour, as well as hair loss itself.
2. Zinc is everything
A lack of zinc might result in hair loss. To lose weight more quickly and successfully, include nuts like Brazil nuts, walnuts, pecans, cashews, and almonds in your diet.
ingest and sip excessive quantities of:
- salads with leafy greens enough of filtered water that is free of contaminants
- When necessary, a multivitamin or zinc supplement might help you get the nutrients you need from your food.
3. Use omega-3 fatty acids to take care of your hair
Increasing your consumption of omega-3 fatty acids may aid in promoting sebum and hair follicle growth. While it won’t encourage your hair to grow, this could aid your scalp’s health.
Omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for the body, are found in cold-water fish like salmon, sardines, and herring. The following are additional great sources:
- yogurt made from flax seeds
- cereal with cottage cheese and vegetables
4. Recognize your hair
There are several opinions on how frequently you should shampoo your hair. Everything comes down to personal preference and needs, which are influenced by things like:
- natural colour and structure of your hair
- when you last used hair care products
- the intensity of your physical activity
- For people with oily hair, daily shampooing may be essential; for people with dry hair, less frequent
- shampooing may be necessary
5. Decide which shampoo is best
Using the wrong shampoo and styling product has the potential to seriously harm hair. Look for products that are suitable for your hair type, such as oily, normal, or dry, as well as any problems you may be having, like dandruff.
To keep your hair looking healthy, stay away from shampoos that contain harsh ingredients like sodium lauryl sulphate or ammonium lauryl sulphate. Also keep in mind that a product’s pricing does not always indicate its quality.